28 March 2009

Atypical

This is one from the moleskin, which normally don't see the light of day...

March 27, 2009

Light begins to fail
The surfers still come in hoards,
To play on nature's playground
The surf rises high
Crashes quickly
Friends make footprints in the sand
The light begins to fail
Taking with it it's radiating warmth
Couples move closer
The beach begins to empty
Leaving the sand to contemplate itself
Light fades deeper and yet onlookers remain
Unable to let go I stay
A dog chases playfully after his master
A couple walks along slowly
I think to myself this is where I belong
Next to nature's undiscovered, unexplored paradise.
The light fades enough that the artificial illuminates
Man's soft lamps backlight the onlookers
Shadows fall on the sand
I realize I am home.
The ocean connects all
No matter where we are
The moon rises
Lovers walk hand in hand, arm in arm
The tide persists
The roar of the surf brings peace of mind
As blue turns to white turns to blue
Nature's rhythm persists and I know I am part of it
I smile and feel wholesome
I may be but a drop in this ocean
But what a world I share.
I take my shadow with me as I go,
But know that it will return.
Just as the tide fades out to sea,
So, too, shall it return.



I couldn't begin to tell you what, but something inside wanted to share that.

Saludos,
Andrew
Donostia, ESP

1 comment:

Meg said...

I like this, a lot. I like the recurring themes and repetition that's not directly repetitive. If that makes sense. And I like the way it transports me to where you are.